The Wassa Amenfi East Municipal Assembly was created out of the erstwhile Wassa Amenfi District Assembly in August 2004 as a District under Legislative Instrument (L.I) 1788. We were declared and inaugurated into a Municipality on 15th March 2018 under Legislative Instrument (L.I) 2289.
Our function as stipulated in Section 12 of the Local Governance Act, 2016 (Act 936) is to;
(a) be responsible for the overall development of the district;
(b) formulate and execute plans, programmes and strategies for the effective mobilisation of the resources necessary for the overall development of the district;
(c) promote and support productive activity and social development in the district and remove any obstacles to initiative and development;
(d) sponsor the education of students from the district to fill particular manpower needs of the district especially in the social sectors of education and health, making sure that the sponsorship is fairly and equitably balanced between male and female students;
(e) initiate programmes for the development of basic infrastructure and provide municipal works and services in the district;
(f) be responsible for the development, improvement and management of human settlements and the environment in the district;
(g) in co-operation with the appropriate national and local security agencies, be responsible for the maintenance of security and public safety in the district;
(h) ensure ready access to courts in the district for the promotion of justice;
(i) act to preserve and promote the cultural heritage within the district;
(j) initiate, sponsor or carry out studies that may be necessary for the discharge of any of the duties conferred by this Act or any other enactment; and
(k) perform any other functions that may be provided under another enactment.
To become a world class Municipality that effectively and efficiently serve its people and customers by becoming a strategic partner to businesses and stakeholders.
We exist to ensure efficient and effective delivery of socio – economic services in collaboration with stakeholders through the initiation, coordination, implementation as well as monitoring and evaluation of development programmes
- ❖ To Improve production efficiency and yield
- ❖ To Enhance inclusive and equitable access to and participation in quality education at all levels
- ❖ To Ensure affordable, equitable, easily accessible and Universal Health Coverage (UHC)
- ❖ To Improve access to safe and reliable water services for all
- ❖ To Enhanced access to improved and reliable environmental sanitation services
- ❖ To Improve efficiency and effectiveness of road transport infrastructure and services
- ❖ To Protect forest reserves
- ❖ To Improve popular participation at the district level